Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Historical Settings

Historical fiction is by far my favorite genre. There isn't a setting or time period I don't enjoy. Here are some of my favorites.

Biblical Fiction
Gods and Kings (Chronicles of the Kings, #1)The Shadow WomenThe Pharaoh's Daughter (Treasures of the Nile #1)

Ancient Rome/Early Church
The Centurion's Wife (Acts of Faith, #1)A Voice in the Wind (Mark of the Lion, #1)

Middle Ages
Afton of Margate Castle  (Theyn Chronicles, #1)The Greatest Knight (William Marshal, #2)The Unquiet Bones (Hugh de Singleton, Surgeon Chronicles #1)

Early American History
The Traitor's Wife: The Woman Behind Benedict Arnold and the Plan to Betray AmericaWashington's Lady (Ladies of History, #3)

Regency England
The Apothecary's DaughterSecret of Pembrooke ParkThe Curiosity Keeper (Treasures of Surrey, #1)

Civil War
Flirtation WalkFire by Night (Refiner's Fire, #2)All Things New

Turn of the Century
A Proper PursuitA Fall of MarigoldsBeyond All Dreams

Roaring Twenties
Love Comes CallingThe Hatmaker's HeartA Flying Affair

Depression Era
Hidden PlacesAngel Sister (Rosey Corner, #1)

World War 2
Secrets of a Charmed LifeWhile We're Far ApartSecrets She Kept

Check out more top ten lists at The Broke and the Bookish.

6 comments:

  1. I love historical fiction, too! I haven't read any of these, though, but lots of them look really good. I'll definitely be checking them out.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of my very faves! :) I do still need to read those that you have listed under Early America though! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Washington's lady and Traitor's Wife are both very good.

      Delete
  3. Man, look at all of those gorgeous covers! Historical fiction really does have some of the prettiest cover designs. Great list :)

    My TTT.

    Also, feel free to check out our giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. They do have the best covers. Thanks for stopping by, Allyson.

      Delete