Monday, February 15, 2016

Quick Lit ~ February

Here's what I have been reading over the past few weeks.

Just finished:
The Feathered Bone

I'm still thinking about this one. It was completely different from what I was expecting. I've read two other books by this author, and they were both slower, character driven novels. This one was much more plot driven. It kept me up late reading, and really broke my heart. 

Currently reading:
The Black Count: Glory, Revolution, Betrayal, and the Real Count of Monte Cristo

I'm reading this for The Deliberate Reader's book club. I'm not a big fan of biographies, but I'm enjoying this one. It's a good refresher of French history, which I always found confusing. Alex Dumas is a fascinating character. I would love to see him fleshed out more in a movie or fictional biography.

The Gifting (Gifting #1)

I just started this YA dystopian a couple nights ago. I was looking for something a little lighter. So far it's very good. I had a hard time putting it down last night. It's one of those "just one more chapters" kind of books. The series is already finished and fairly cheap on Kindle, so I may marathon these.

Check out what others have been reading at Modern Mrs. Darcy.

No comments:

Post a Comment