Friday, February 5, 2016

Book Review ~ Flirtation Walk by Siri Mitchell

Flirtation Walk

I thoroughly enjoyed this historical romance set just before the Civil War at West Point. Siri Mitchell did a great job researching and bringing the era to life. It took me a few chapters to get into the story, but then it took off at a good pace. This novel rotates between the main characters POV, but they are very unique and easy to differentiate. I especially enjoyed watching  Lucinda's story unfold and her character grow throughout.

The themes of redemption and grace are prominent in this story, and the faith elements are woven in very well. There is also a lot of humor and lightheartedness from the supporting cast. I would recommend this book to readers who enjoy romance and Civil War era novels.

I received this book for review from Netgalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment