Thursday, July 14, 2016

Quick Lit ~ July

Here are the books I've been reading lately and some of my thoughts.
The Sound of Glass

I am quickly becoming a Karen White fan. This book was very similar to The Beach Trees, which I read last month. This was a great summer read. Lots of family secrets, and not much air conditioning.

The Two-Family House: A Novel

I loved this book. I went in not knowing a whole lot about it, which I would recommend. The author did a great job with the characters. I loved and hated different people by the end of the book. Highly recommended.

The Ringmaster's Wife

This was a lovely historical. I enjoy Kristy's writing style. My only complaint was that the dual timelines were very close together, so I got a little confused at times. Other than that, I loved it.

They Danced on (The Darlings #3)

I reviewed this one here.

The Calling (Seer #2)

I have mixed feelings about this one. It propelled the story along well enough, but I felt like there was a lot of filler material. I don't know if it really needed a whole novel. I missed Carrington. She wasn't in it much. There were some good twists, and a cliffhanger that makes me want to read the next book. It looks like book three will be out early next year.

Check out more Quick Lit posts at Modern Mrs. Darcy.


2 comments:

  1. I have seen The Ringmaster's Wife on bookshelves recently and wondered about it. I might have to add it to my TBR list because I love historical fiction!

    Here are my June reviews: http://elle-alice.blogspot.ca/2016/06/june-book-reviews.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been seeing The Two-Family House around lately, but I don't even know what it's about--and I guess I should keep it that way! I'll have to check that one out soon.

    ReplyDelete