Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Quick Lit ~ June

Here are the books I have been reading lately and what I thought about them.

If I Run (If I Run, #1)
I picked this up on a whim at the library, and pretty much finished it in one day. I think I will have to wait a year for the follow up. I will try to be patient.

Big Little Lies
I thought I was going to hate this book, but I ended up loving it. another one that I stayed up way  too late reading. There is a TV show in the works. I'm excited.

Girl Meets Change: Truths to Carry You through Life's Transitions
I've been through a lot of change in the past few years. I was hoping for something new and insightful in this book. It was an encouraging read, but there was nothing I didn't already know in this one.

The Beach Trees
I read this during our car trip to St. Louis. The writing style reminded me of Susan Meissner, and it had that whole duel time frame story going on. It was a great vacation read. Fast paced but not too fluffy. I have another book by this author on my Kindle.

Talk of the Town
This was another road trip read. It was a cute story. I have the rest of the series on my Kindle, but I'm not really in a hurry to read them.

The Hesitant Heiress (The Everstone Chronicles, #1)
This is a really enjoyable historical romance. I did a review here.

Lady in Waiting
I got an Audible subscription recently, and this was my first purchase. I read this book several years ago, but I had forgotten most of the story. This was a nice book to listen to in the car. I thought the narrators were fine, but they didn't blow me out of the water. This was great for vacation, but I don't think I am going to become an audio book convert.

Check more Quick Lit posts at Modern Mrs. Darcy.

4 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to read Girl Meets Change for a while because I had a lot of changes in the past year (moving cross-country, getting married, looking for a new job, etc).

    Here are my May reads: http://elle-alice.blogspot.com/2016/05/may-book-reviews.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Elle.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. One of these days I need to read Terri's new novel. I read her last trilogy, and thought it was quite entertaining. :)

    ReplyDelete