Friday, October 4, 2013

New and Upcoming Releases I Can't Wait to Get My Hands On

Here are some books I am looking forward to with great anticipation.

Return to Me by Lynn Austin ~ Ms. Austin is my favorite author. I love her historical fiction, so when I saw she was writing a new Biblical series, I became giddy with anticipation. The Restoration Chronicles are set during the time of the rebuilding of the Temple. I saw Return to Me in Books a Million a few days before it was set to release, and I snatched it up. I'm planning on reading it later this month.

Pilgrimage by Lynn Austin ~ This is a memoir about Ms. Austin's visit to the Holy Land, and the impact it had on her life. This releases next month. I may have to put this one on my Christmas list.

Draw of Kings by Patrick W. Carr ~ I loved book 1 in the Staff and the Sword series, I have book 2 waiting for me on my Kindle, and I am already excited to see how this series ends. If you like the fantasy genre, give these books a try. Book 3 comes out in January.

The Wall Around Your Heart by Mary DeMuth ~  A book about the healing only Jesus can give. I love Mary's straight forward, caring style. She speaks from personal experience. Another great book by her is her memoir Thin Places. The Wall Around Your Heart comes out later this month.

Fifteen Minutes by Karen Kingsbury ~ I thought this book about a singing show contestant looked like a fun, quick read. It comes out at the end of this month, and my library already has it on order.

Healer of Carthage by Lynne Gentry (March 4, 2014) ~ I saw an early review of this book on Goodreads, and thought it looked fascinating. A modern day doctor goes back to ancient Carthage and becomes the slave of a handsome lawyer. What's not to love?

The Amish Groom by Mindy Starns Clark and Susan Meissner (April 2014) ~ I'm not an Amish fiction fan, but I am a Susan Meissner fan. I'll definitely be checking out this new series, The Men of Lancaster County.

Bridge to Haven by Francine Rivers (April 22, 2014) ~ Francine Rivers has a new book coming out!!! It's about Hollywood in the 1950's, and the cover is gorgeous!

Shadowed by Grace by Carla Putman (January 1,2014) ~ I thought this book looked lovely. A woman travels to Italy during WW2 to take pictures and look for the father she never knew.

Love Comes Calling by Siri Mitchell (February 25,2014) ~ This book looks like so much fun. Another up and coming actress story. I have enjoyed the other books I have read by Ms. Mitchell. She has great story lines and great characters.

The Fatal Tree by Stephen Lawhead (Fall 2014) ~ I just finished book 4 in the Bright Empires series, and I am a little peeved that I am going to have to wait so long for the 5th and final installment. And such a cliff hanger there was. Argh! Seriously, though, this is a great time travel series, but you definitly want to read them in order.

So much good reading to do next year. I can hardly wait! What do you want to read in the future?

*A disclaimer. All of my links go to Amazon. They don't pay me any money. I just like them.*





No comments:

Post a Comment