Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Word as a Weapon

I have been doing some verse mapping with my current Bible study .It has been eye opening to dig a little more into some common verses that I have known since childhood, and see a deeper meaning than I have seen before.

This week I was looking at John 15:4 ~ Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

My NLT Study Bible (which is awesome!) says about remaining in Christ, "A disciple's life is fully formed by Jesus' words". It also says remaining "means a commitment on the part of God and the disciple".

I am #amazed that God is committed to me. He isn't asking anything of me that he isn't already doing for me.

2 comments:

  1. Jill, I'm so glad you are learning and growing through the verse mapping exercises.
    B. Prince
    OBS Small Group Leader/Prayer Warrior Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are sharing your insights from verse mapping. What a wonderful thing to uncover more depth and meaning from God's word! We never exhaust His treasury.
    C. Pollard, P31 OBS Small Group Leader
    "Leading Women to New Heights"

    ReplyDelete