"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength."
I've known this verse since I was a little girl. I never really thought about it being anything spectacular. Of course I love God. I am a Christian. That's what Christians do.
Last night I dug a little deeper. My study Bible commentary says the heart, soul, and strength are our intellect, will, emotions, and our physical being. Everything I am needs to love God. Everything that makes me who I am needs to love God. Not just my mind if I'm tired, and not just my body if I'm thinking about something else. I need to love Him with all my being. This takes concentration and discipline. It takes time. It also takes reading the next verse:
"And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you."
Wholehearted commitment. That's what it looks like.
Exactly! Great post.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by!
DeletePerfectly clear and perfectly profound. Love your post. Thank you for sharing your heart during this study. I just love this time so much! Be blessed!
ReplyDeleteThank you for stopping by. I'm really enjoying this study so much.
ReplyDelete