Sunday, November 15, 2015

Quick Lit ~ November

I have been on a bit of a YA tear lately. I have been wanting some quick, easy reads, and they definitely fit the bill. I may pick one up again soon with the holidays coming up. Here are some of my most recent reads and my thoughts on them.

Infiltration (Harbingers #7)

These are quick little novellas. Each one is written by a different author and from a different character's POV. They are nice to read on a weekend when I don't want to start a full length novel. Most of them are free for Amazon Prime members.

A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1)

This was a great page turner. Very fast paced plot that keeps you guessing...and gives you a headache if you think too hard about it. It deals with parallel universes and multi-universe travel. Heavy stuff. Luckily, The Flash is also covering this topic, so I am beginning to feel like a bit of an expert.

Diary of a Jackwagon

If you like comedy memoirs or if you are a fan of Tim Hawkins, you should read this. It's funny. 

Not a Drop to Drink (Not a Drop to Drink, #1)

I was surprised how much I enjoyed this one. Post-apocalyptic and survival story rolled up in one fast paced novel. There was a good twist at the end. I'll pick up the second book eventually.

Secrets of Sloane House (Chicago World's Fair Mystery #1)

This was an enjoyable historical mystery set during the Chicago World's Fair. The mystery was played out really well, and there were a few surprises along the way. There are two more books in the series, but I think they follow different characters.

Check out more Quick Lit posts at Modern Mrs. Darcy.



No comments:

Post a Comment