Monday, February 3, 2014

January Reads

Here's what I read in January:

When Mountains Move by Julie Cantrell ~ I really enjoyed this sequel to Into the Free. Great characters, great story. It does deal with some heavy themes, but it was a much happier book than the first one.

Cinnamon and Gunpowder by Eli Brown ~ I had high expectations for this book, but for some reason I just couldn't love it. Some of it was laugh out loud funny. The characters are well drawn, and the writing is beautiful. Ultimately, I think I just have issues with pirates as "good" guys.*

Cloak of the Light by Chuck Black ~ I reviewed this book here.

Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry ~ This is book two in The Giver series. It isn't nearly as good as the first one (which is amazing), but it's not bad either. A slower read, but I think it's setting up the next book.

Unrivaled by Siri Mitchell ~ This was a really cute romance about two rival candy makers. Great book for Valentines's Day since it's about love and candy.

Pilgrimage by Lynn Austin ~ This book by my favorite author is part devotional and part travel memoir. The writing is beautiful, and I really related to the struggles Mrs. Austin was dealing with at the time of her journey to the Holy Land. I read this book slowly through out the month. It was a great start to my year.

* This book is not published by a Christian publisher and may contain some objectionable material.

No comments:

Post a Comment