Saturday, March 15, 2014

Twitterature ~ March 2014

Wow this has been a weird reading month! The first three books I read were DNF's for me. That was depressing! Thankfully, after that, I had some really great reads. Here is a list of my recent reads and a Twitter style review of them.

Luminary by Krista Mcgee ~ This is book two in the Anomaly series. I enjoyed this one as much as the first. I was a little worried in the beginning. The protaganist did an awful lot of whining, but thankfully she stopped.

A Proper Pursuit by Lynn Austin ~ This is my favorite book by my favorite author. I decided to reread some of her books this year, and this one did not disappoint. A lovely story with lovely characters.

Soul Detox by Craig Groeschel ~ This was my nonfiction pick for February. Good book about how we live and how the things we put into our lives effect us.

A Fall of Marigolds by Susan Meissner ~ This is my favorite book of the year so far. I absolutely devoured it. I loved the story and the writing style. I had a bit of a book hangover after this one and struggled to find something to read.

A Trail of Ink by Mel Starr ~ This is the book that pulled me out of my reading funk. It is book 3 in the Hugh de Singleton, Surgeon series. This has been my favorite so far. A little mystery, a little romance, all set in Medieval England.

Mr. Darcy Broke My Heart by Beth Pattillo ~ I would describe this book as chick lit. It was a light, fun read set in England. There is a secret society, a mystery to solve, and a little romance.

Check out more Twitterature reviews at Modern Mrs. Darcy.


5 comments:

  1. I love Susan Meissner, I'll have to add A Fall of Marigold to my list

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a bad reading month myself--glad to know I wasn't the only one! Onward to better reading days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for helping to fill up my list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just put A Fall of Marigolds on hold at the library. Looking forward to getting it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who's had some DNFs lately. Soul Detox sounds good.

    ReplyDelete