Friday, September 20, 2013

Book Review: The Governess of Highland Hall

The Governess of Highland Hall by Carrie Turansky is an enjoyable upstairs/downstairs love story set in the early 20th century. William Ramsey recently inherited the huge estate, and he hires Julia foster, the daughter of missionaries, to be the governess of his young children. Sir William is a bit of a snob and tries to deny his feelings for middle class Julia. It doesn't take long for Julia to make an impression on William, and they spend a good portion of the book trying to figure out how to handle their growing attraction for each other.

I'm not a big fan of romances, so I get a little nervous when I have to read one for review. However, I liked this one a lot. The story was interesting, and the characters were well developed. The love story was sweet without being sappy. I would recommend this book to fans of Downton Abbey and also to fans of Julie Klassen. I will definitely read more books by this author in the future.

I received this book for free for the purpose of review. The opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment