Monday, October 15, 2012

Book Review: A Season for Tending

I enjoyed this Amish fiction book by Cindy Woodsmall. It is the first in the series Amish Vines and Orchards. In it we are introduced to the Byler and King families. The two families are sort of thrown together through dubious circumstances. I found this story to be different from a lot of fiction that I have read. The families are more business minded. They tend to come into contact with the outside world a little more often than they do in other Amish fiction books.

I found the characters interesting. They have a lot of secrets, some of which are revealed in this book. There is also a lot of tension between the characters as they struggle to understand and get to know one another.

Overall, I found it to be an interesting read. I would recommend it to any fan of Amish fiction.

I received this book for free from Waterbrook Multnomah for the purpose of review.

No comments:

Post a Comment