Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Lasagna in the Slow Cooker

Today, for dinner, I'm making Slow Cooker Lasagna. Whenever I say that I make lasagna in the slow cooker, I get funny looks. Yes! You can make lasagna in a slow cooker. Yes! It tastes good. My family actually prefers it made this way instead of the traditional on the stove then into the oven method. I personally have never met a lasagna I didn't like, so I'm flexible on the preparation method. This way is very easy, though, and you get it going early in the day. The house smells great all afternoon, and you just set the plates out at dinner time.



Slow Cooker Lasagna
8 lasagna noodles
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1/3 cup water
1 lb cooked hamburger or sausage
1 15 oz container ricotta cheese
2 cups mozzarella or Italian blend cheese

Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Break 4 of the noodles into pieces and put in the bottom of the pot. Combine the water sauce and meat. Put half of it on the noodles. Drop half the ricotta cheese by spoonfuls on top of the sauce mixture. Top with mozzarella cheese. Repeat all the steps with the remaining ingredients. Cook on low for 5 hours. Very good and very easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment