Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Book Review: Lonestar Angel

I was recently given a copy of Lonestar Angel by Colleen Coble to review on my blog. This is the forth novel in the Lonestar series. Overall, I enjoyed this story. It isn't my usual genre, but it had an interesting plot, and characters with good chemistry.

In the beginning of the book, Eden is reunited with her estranged husband Clay. He has received information that their daughter, who was abducted as an infant, is living on a ranch for foster children. Clay and Eden take the position of dorm parents for a house full of five and six year old girls. They only know that one of the girls is theirs, but they don't know which one. The rest of the book deals with their relationship and trying to solve the mystery of their missing daughter. One issue I did have with the story was the lack of police involvement. Eden and Clay found themselves in some very dangerous situations, and law enforcement was barely mentioned.

As I said earlier, this is book four in a series. I haven't read the three previous books. I thought this book worked fine as a stand alone, but I could tell I had missed a lot of back story on some of the secondary characters. Overall, I liked this book. I would recommend it to someone who enjoys romantic suspense.

I received this book free from Book Sneeze for the purpose of review.

No comments:

Post a Comment