Sunday, November 2, 2014

Book Review ~ Where Treetops Glisten


 I saw this book around on different message board, and I thought it looked really good. It is a collection of three novellas following the Turner siblings as they serve their country and live their lives during WW2.

In White Christmas, Abigail Turner has sworn off love after her boyfriend was killed in Pearl Harbor. Then she meets a man who needs her help to solve a mystery.In I'll Be Home for Christmas, Pete Turner tries to show a young widow that he isn't the bully that she remembers from childhood. The final story, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, takes us to war torn Europe where Merry Turner is trying to forget that the love of her life was a traitor.

Each of the novellas is written by a different author, but they tie together very well. I think I enjoyed I'll Be Home for Christmas the most out of the three. All of the stories deal with themes of loss and redemption. They are the perfect short reads for the Christmas season. I recommend this book for readers of romance and historical fiction.

I received this book for free from Waterbrook Press for the purpose of review.

No comments:

Post a Comment