Monday, September 15, 2014

What I'm Reading

It's time for some "twitterature" book review's. Here is my end-of-the-summer reading list.

18850688I heard really great things about this book, and I wasn't disappointed. It is a lovely story about the power of art and music in the middle of all of the ugliness of war. The modern day love story was a little sappy and convienient, but that didn't detract from how wonderful the historical story was. I loved it.

80347There is so much grace and redemption in this book. This was a re-read for me, and I loved it just as much the second time around.


18634024I have read the other books in this series and enjoyed them all. They are funny and easy to read, and will put a smile on your face. They follow a pastor's family that lives in a small Texas town named Fred. The story is told from the son's point of view. As a minister's wife there is so much to relate to. I love this series.

For more short reviews, check out Modern Mrs. Darcy.

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of the Fred series. I am a pastor's wife too and I'd love to give these a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete