Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Spring Reading Thing 2012 Wrap Up

I can't believe spring is over! It went so fast. To celebrate I got a sunburn last weekend. I'm beginning to wonder if it will ever go away. Anyway, the end of spring means the end of the spring reading challenge hosted by Callapidder Days. I'm happy to say I completed my entire list. Of the original eighteen books, I read fourteen and had four dnf's (did not finish). Here is my original list with ratings:

                                                   The Muir House ~ Mary DeMuth ~ 4/5

Martha ~ Diana Wallace Taylor ~ 3/5

A Most unsuitable Match ~ Stephanie Grace Whitson ~ 3/5

Romey's Place ~ James Calvin Schaap ~ dnf

Love Charleston ~ Beth Webb Hart ~ dnf

Silence ~ Shusaku Endo ~ 4/5

Mozart's Last Aria ~ Matt Rees ~ 3.5/5

Broken Wings ~ Carla Stewart ~ 4/5

Cottonwood Whispers ~ Jennifer Erin Valent ~ 3.5/5

Catching Moondrops ~ Jennifer Erin Valent ~ dnf

O Pioneers ~ Willa Cather ~ 3.5/5

Passionate Housewives Desperate for God ~ Jennie Chancey ~ dnf

Please Don't Eat the Daisies ~ Jean Kerr ~ 3.5/5

A Busy Woman's Guide to Prayer ~ Cheri Fuller ~ 5

Finding Our Way Home ~ Charlene Ann Baumbich ~ 3/5

Wings of Refuge ~ Lynn Austin ~ 3.5/5

A Light to My Path ~ Lynn Austin ~ 5

                                                          The Story ~ GOD ~ 5

I read some great books this spring, and really got my to-be-read pile down to a more manageable size. I'm already looking forward to the Fall Into reading Challenge in September!
 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing your list. I came close this year, finishing 19 out of 20, but I also read an additional 19 books not on my list.

    Like you, my original list was composed mostly of books that have been sitting on my shelves for a while.

    Have a great summer and if you get a chance, come check out my Spring Thing Wrap Up post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Lynn Austin too! It looks like you did very well with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete