Friday, September 23, 2011

Fall Into Reading 2011

Well, today is the first day of fall. That means cooler weather should be coming our way...eventually. I'm planning on lots of Starbucks this fall and lots of reading. Callapidder Days is hosting the Fall Into Reading challenge again and I have my list ready. I picked most of these books randomly, so there really isn't much rhyme or reason to my list.


84 Charing Cross Road by Helen Hanff
Jillian Dare by Melanie M Jeschke
The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom
I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
Invitation to Solitude and Silence by Ruth Haley Barton
Courting Morrow Little by Laura Frantz
Demon: A Memoir by Tosca Lee
A Sound Among the Trees by Susan Meissner
A Distant Music B J Hoff
Bad Ground by  Dale Cramer
In the Arms of Immortals by Ginger Garrett
 The Inheritance of Beauty by Nicole Seitz

I've had some of these books a ridiculously long time, so I am looking forward to getting them read. Or at least deciding not to read them. We'll see how it goes. I'll give an update and some book reviews in December when the challenge is over. Wow! By then it will be almost Christmas! Oh well, happy fall and happy reading.

5 comments:

  1. Some excellent books on your list. Enjoy your fall reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have The Hiding Place on my list too, it's been sitting on my shelf for way too long. Good luck with the challenge!

    Shan

    Curled Up With a Good Book and a Cup of Tea

    Faith Filled Reading, my Christian book blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few books on my list that have been on my shelves for a while, too.

    Good luck with your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice list. I've always loved the Hiding Place. It is one of those books you can read many times and it never gets old. Best wishes with your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Starbucks and reading go very well together! :) I read The Hiding Place last year and it made a big impact on me -- excellent book. Thanks for being part of the challenge. Enjoy your fall reading!

    ReplyDelete