Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Book Review ~ Freedom's Ring by Heidi Chiavaroli

Freedom's Ring

I really enjoyed this dual timeline story. Usually when I read a frame story like this, one time line is better than the other. I enjoyed both of these timelines and characters equally. I loved the Boston setting. I don't read a lot of Revolutionary War settings, so that was a refreshing change. The contemporary setting was interesting as well. You could tell the author was familiar with the area.

The faith elements were central to the story and very well done. Both of the main characters experienced a lot of growth. I felt like the historical story was wrapped up a little too nicely, but overall I felt very satisfied at the end of this novel. I highly recommend this book for historical fiction fans.

I received this book for free for the purpose of review.

1 comment: