Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday ~Favorite War Time Reads

In honor of Independence Day here are some of my favorite books set during wars.

American Revolution
The Traitor's Wife: The Woman Behind Benedict Arnold and the Plan to Betray AmericaThe Messenger

American Civil War
Candle in the Darkness (Refiner's Fire, #1)Fire by Night (Refiner's Fire, #2)A Light to My Path (Refiner's Fire, #3)
All Things NewWedded to War (Heroines Behind the Lines, #1)

World War 1
The Summer Before the War

World War 2
The NightingaleWhile We're Far ApartA Woman's Place
Secrets She KeptA Sparrow in Terezin (Hidden Masterpiece #2)

Obviously, I'm lacking a bit in WW1 fiction. If you have any suggestions please leave them in the comments. Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. The Rutherford Park series by Elizabeth Cooke and The Echo of Twilight take place before/during WW1. All good books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recs Angela. Echo of Twilight has been on my radar for a while. I'll have to bump it up my list.

      Delete
  2. Gosh, these all look so good! I really need to get my hands on a copy of The Summer before the War. Everybody seems to be talking about it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it, and it's one of those books you feel a little smarter after you've read it.

      Delete
  3. I love so many of these! :) Pepper Basham & Carrie Turansky both write WW1 fiction - and I would also suggest Laura Frantz and Amber Lynn Perry for Revolutionary Era. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recs. I actually ha e all of these authors on my Kindle already. I'll have to move them up the list.

      Delete