Friday, April 15, 2016

Quick Lit ~ April

Here are some of the books I have been reading lately, and what I thought about them.

Station Eleven
I ended up enjoying this one. The story really picked up about halfway through. It can be bleak at times, because of the subject matter, but the story was interesting. 

Annabel Lee (Coffey & Hill #1)
This was an enjoyable thriller. I liked all the Edgar Allen Poe references. The end was a little odd, and kind of creepy, but the rest of the story made up for it. 

The Bachelor Girl's Guide to Murder (Herringford and Watts, #1)
This was a fun, light-hearted, mystery set in 1910 Toronto. I'll definitely be picking up the next book when it comes out. 

Check out more Quick Lit posts at  Modern Mrs. Darcy.

2 comments:

  1. Station Eleven was one of my surprise favorites of last year. I'm not normally into apocalyptic fiction, but this one hit all the right notes for me. Coming over from Quick Lit :)

    ReplyDelete