Thursday, October 15, 2015

Quick Lit ~ October

Here are the books I've been reading the past few weeks:

A Million Little Ways: Uncover the Art You Were Made to Live

This book came along just as I was starting a new project. I enjoy Emily's writing style and she makes the ordinary feel important. I would recommend giving this one a read and I would also recommend her first book, Grace for the Good Girl.


For the Love: Fighting for Grace in a World of Impossible Standards

This one is everywhere right now, and I can understand why. It's very funny and engaging. I enjoyed the first part a lot. However, I felt like it's target audience was ten  years younger than me. I couldn't really take her parenting advice seriously when none of her children are grown yet. Still, there are some interesting observations in here, and her "thank you note" chapters are hilarious.

The Curiosity Keeper (Treasures of Surrey #1)

I was pleasantly surprised  by this one. It had an interesting mystery and a sweet romance. I would recommend it if you enjoy regency era romance.

Secrets She Kept

One of the best books I've read this year. I did a review of it here.

On This Foundation (Restoration Chronicles, #3)

I should finish this one today. I'm not really sure how I feel about it. Some times I can't stop turning the pages, and sometimes I want to tell these people to shut up and get the wall built already. It's definitely not my favorite Lynn Austin book. 

Diary of a Jackwagon

I just started this one, and It already has me in stitches. Tim Hawkins is funny. Really funny. I'm going to have to read it in small bits because I will be laughing so hard.

Check out more Quick Lit posts at Modern Mrs. Darcy.

No comments:

Post a Comment