Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Book Review: An Unlikely Suitor

I had been looking forward to reading An Unlikely Suitor by Nancy Moser for a while. I've read a couple of other books by this author and enjoyed them. I thought this book was a fun summer read. It's set during the gilded age and centers around the friendship between a young working class woman and a New York socialite. Both feel like they are on the outside looking in in their respective societies, and both crave true friendship.

I thought the characters were well fleshed out and easy to sympathize with. I did have to suspend my disbelief with the upstairs/downstairs romances. There were several. I found it a little hard to believe there would be so many in one circle of people, but it all worked out in the end as any good romance does. This was a good book for my Downton Abby withdrawals, but I preferred the other books I read by Nancy Moser, Mozart's Sister and How Do I Love Thee, both fictional biographies.

No comments:

Post a Comment