Thursday, April 7, 2011

Penguins, Digestion, and Thankfulness

Another busy week is almost over. The girls have had a good week back in school, and Adam has been finishing up the tennis season in Ponte Vedra at districts.

Anna and I did a small unit study on food, nutrition, and digestion yesterday and today, and I am amazed at how intricate our bodies are. Did you know if our stomachs were not lined with mucus they would digest themselves? I'm glad God is detailed oriented! Next week we study penguins and the Arctic. I love penguins, so this should be fun. I checked out almost every book the library had on the arctic. I am hoping to end the week with March of the Penguins. I hope it isn't too sad. I don't do well with nature documentaries. They make me cry.

 Next week is a big week. Elin will be turning 14 on the 16th! That kicks off the official birthday season of the Hoke family. I will pretty much be baking cakes and cooking favorite meals from now til the end of may. Can't wait.

Here is this week's Thankful Thursday list:
long talks with Adam
a dogwood tree in bloom
being shown my flaws so I can correct them
laughing girls
my stomach lining
I would love to know what you are thankful for. And if you know of any great penguin resources, please share them!

No comments:

Post a Comment